Kathmandu is a colorful city with several local attractions worth visiting. While the valley of Kathmandu is home to seven World Heritage Sites, it is also a potpourri of medieval architectural marvels and natural wonders. You can simply ask for a city map and useful tips at the Travel Desk of Hotel Friends Home before you set out to visit such sites on your own, or if you want to have an in-depth exploration, check out our fully guided tours and activities.
Some of the places worth visiting while you stay with us are:
- Katmandu Durbar Square (about 20-minute walk)
- Narayanhiti Palace Museum (about 10-minute walk)
- Osho Tapoban (a spiritual retreat at about 30-minute driving distance)
- Patan Durbar Square (25-minute drive)
- Boudhanath Stupa (25-minute drive)
- Swayambhunath Stupa (20-minute drive or 30-minute walk)